What Are the Pectoral Muscles?
A tight, well-defined chest is a sign of strength and has been for hundreds of years. From the days of the ancient Greek wrestlers to Roman Gladiators to today’s bodybuilding and weightlifting champions, a chiseled set of “pecs” is the gold standard for a strong and fit body.
There are four separate chest muscles in the pectoral region that work together to join the front of your chest to the bones of your upper arm. Each one plays an important role in allowing the arm to move in a variety of directions and angles. That’s why we created pectoral exercises focusing on each group:
- Pectoralis Major -This is the largest of the four and the one that defines the well-toned chest. It allows for the movement of the shoulder joint.
- Pectoralis Minor - Attached at the scapula, which helps it move up and down, these muscles allow even more range of motion for the shoulder.
- Serratus Anterior - This group lets the arm move forward, up and down by helping the scapula move ahead and around the rib cage.
- Subclavius - This small triangular muscle lies between the clavicle and the first rib. It pushes the clavicle downward so the shoulder can move in that direction and forward.
Why Are Pectoral Exercises Important?
The pectoral muscles are important because they control all of our arms’ movements. Without these muscles, we wouldn’t be able to lift things over our heads, swing a golf club, or hug a loved one. Without them, you would be hindered in most of your daily activities, so they should be a priority when creating a workout routine. By using the exercises in our nude fitness videos, you’ll be able to build your pecs to:
- Strengthen your upper body movements
- Improve your posture
- Improve your pushing capabilities
- Strengthen your back
- Increase your swinging motion performance
- Improve the appearance of your chest
Plus, you’ll get all the benefits of a nude workout such as:
- A more comfortable and unrestrained workout
- Maximum cooling from your body’s sweat along with the ability for your skin to breathe
- The release of positive mood-enhancing endorphins
- Increased flexibility
- Increased body positivity
Join Our Nude Fitness Community
By becoming a member of Adult Fitness you can plan your own naked training routine with video tutorials targeting specific muscle groups as you follow along with our nude weightlifting and exercising models.
Enjoy these perks when you become an Adult Fitness member:
- Saving videos
- Creating playlists of video content for your personalized workout routines
- Accessing a library of exercises for individual muscle groups along with muscle diagrams
- Downloading pdf workout programs to save on your phone or print out to take to the gym