What Are the Gluteal Muscles?
Everyone has heard of the gluteus maximus, the muscle in your bottom that gives it a rounded shape. But, did you know that in your buttocks is actually a group of three muscles, known as the gluteal muscles, that are responsible for moving the hip and thigh? We’ve highlighted the area where these muscles attach to the body on the model. The exercises we’ve provided focus on these three muscles:
- Gluteus Maximus - The largest in the group, this muscle is connected to the tailbone and is one of the strongest muscles in the body. It is the top muscle and is what gives the buttocks its round shape.
- Gluteus Medius - Attached to the top of the thigh bone, this muscle allows the thigh to rotate enabling a steady gait when we walk.
- Gluteus Minimus - The innermost muscle, it supports the rotation and extension of the hip.
Why Is It Important to Build the Gluteal Muscles?
Having a shapely and attractive buttocks can help create a more positive body image and help you feel like you look better in your clothes. But more than beauty should be your motivation to build and strengthen these important muscles. These muscles play an important role in your anatomy and your health by:
- Supporting the body’s core
- Impacting overall body strength
- Helping keep the body balanced
- Supporting a range of body movements including walking
Using the exercises in our nude fitness videos is a good way to build the glutes to keep you mobile, flexible and looking your best. Plus, you’ll get all the benefits of a nude workout including:
- A more comfortable workout without the restraint of clothing
- The ability for your skin to breathe and use sweat for maximum cooling
- The release of positive mood-enhancing endorphins
- An increase in flexibility
- A positive acceptance of your body
Join Our Nude Fitness Community
By becoming a member of Adult Fitness you can plan your own naked training routine with video tutorials targeting specific muscle groups as you follow along with our nude weightlifting and exercising models.
Enjoy these perks when you become an Adult Fitness member:
- Saving videos
- Creating playlists of video content for your personalized workout routines
- Accessing a library of exercises for individual muscle groups along with muscle diagrams
- Downloading pdf workout programs to save on your phone or print out to take to the gym